At i5 Technologies, you can be a game changer. As part of our team, you will help solve most complicated challenges of advanced wireless systems. You will engage with advanced research and development to revolutionize wireless systems through incredibly innovative approaches.
Employer: i5 Technologies, Inc.
Location of Employment: 1770 N Research Parkway, Suite 189, North Logan, 84341
Job Title: Senior RF/Antenna Engineer
- Perform research, development, integration, and review of pattern, frequency and polarization Multifunctional reconfigurable antenna array (MRAA) design for sub 6 GHz and mm-wave (including but not limited to 28, 39, 60, 77 GHz) bands using knowledge of antenna and microwave theory including antenna arrays and feed network.
- Design 3D structure of the MRAA and perform full-wave simulation in ANSYS HFSS
- Utilize existing MRAA design methods, such as parasitic loading, Yagi-Uda, partially reflective surface, and propose new methods to design MRAAs.
- Develop pattern, frequency and polarization MRAAs using 5G New Radio Specifications as they apply to antenna performances.
- Design aperture coupled patch type MRAAs for mm-wave applications.
- Co-simulate antenna and RF IC circuit in ANSYS HFSS.
- Select proper RF materials for mm-wave application based on their electrical and mechanical performance, modeling, and fabrication techniques.
- Model SMD components (i.e. PIN Diode, Capacitor, inductor and varactor) in Advanced Design System (ADS) from S-parameter data.
- Work with manufacturing partners to develop customized fabrication and SMD component assembly processes using knowledge of PCB fabrication and component assembly techniques.
- Design PIN diode control circuit using ADS.
- Perform PCB layout design and routing in Altium.
- Prepare PCB fabrication and assembly drawings of MRAAs
- Design feed networks for MRAAs in ANSYS HFSS.
- Direct review and definition of complex antenna and electromagnetic test plans and methods and conduct tests and diagnostics using appropriate measurement tools, processes, and procedures, to evaluate design performance, determine material properties.
- Direct verification and validation efforts to ensure that products meet complex system and sub-tier level electromagnetic design requirements and specifications by reviewing product analysis and test data, manufacturing records, and other relevant information
- Perform S-parameter measurement of the antenna and RF IC chip in Victor Network Analyzer.
- Analyze measured and simulated results in MATLAB.
Degree Requirement: Doctor of PhilosophyinElectrical Engineering
Skill set Requirements (Special Requirements):
Demonstrable knowledge of and prior experience in:5G New Radio Specifications as they apply to antenna performances.
- Pattern, frequency and polarization MRA for sub-6GHz and mm-wave bands;
- Design and full-wave simulation of antennas in ANSYS HFSS;
- Modeling SMD components in ADS;
- RF IC modeling ANSYS HFSS;
- PCB layout design in Altium designer;
- Preparing fabrication and assembly drawings;
- PCB fabrication and component assembly techniques;
- S-parameter measurement in Vector Network Analyzer;
- RF compatible materials, their modeling and fabrication techniques;
- Multifunctional Reconfigurable Antenna Array;
- Aperture coupled patch type MRAAs;
- Antenna and microwave theory including antenna arrays and feed network;
- 5G New Radio Specifications as they apply to antenna performances.
Travel Requirements: Will travel domestically within the United States for up to 1 trip per month for up to 3 days per trip. Will travel internationally for up to 1 trip per year for up to 5 days per trip.
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
To Apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Senior RF/Antenna Engineer”. Only qualified applicants need apply. Do not apply if you are an H-1 or F-1 visa holder, or if you otherwise require employer sponsorship to obtain U.S. employment authorization. Position available only for candidates who are eligible to be employed in the U.S.